Tear Stimulation Dry Eye Drops
Two unique eye drops which stimulate the production of all three tear film layers while supporting the health of the cornea, conjunctiva and eye lid. Two separate formulas, one created specifically for women, and one specifically for men. Both formulas share five powerful broad spectrum ingredients which relieve symptoms caused from inflammation to aqueous deficiency, including severe dryness such as with Sjogren's Syndrome. Additionally, women experience more dry eye symptoms due to hormonal fluctuations so we added the two most commonly prescribed ingredients for these symptoms. For men, we added two different ingredients associated with male pattern dryness. Male dryness is under-reported, and therefor underdiagnosed, so men should be asked specific questions to identify dry eye symptoms.
- Alumina HPUS 10x: Indicated for dryness of the eyes and other mucous membranes due to lack of aqueous secretion, "Sjogren's Syndrome".
- Arsenicum album HPUS 12x: Indicated for severe dryness due to inflammation and ulceration.
- Nux moschata HPUS 6x: Nux m. is the main remedy indicated for severe aqueous deficiency such as with Sjogren's Syndrome.
- Zincum met HPUS 10x: Indicated for extreme dryness, inflammation and burning.
- Euphrasia (Eyebright) HPUS 5x: Eyebright is often referred to as a "tonic for the eyes" and is indicated for inflammation of the conjunctiva, cornea and lids, including meibomian glands. Symptoms include redness, dryness, lachrymation and burning of the lid margin.
Additional Ingredients Specifically for Women:
- Pulsatilla HPUS 8x: Indicated for dry eye associated with hormonal fluctuation, both on a monthly basis or with menopause.
- Sepia HPUS 8x: Indicated for dryness which develops after menopause or hormonal imbalance.
Additional Ingredients Specifically for Men:
- Sulphur HPUS 6x: Indicated for dryness with redness, burning and itching of the eyes and eye lid margins.
- Nux Vomica HPUS 12x: Indicated for dryness of the eye with burning, watering and photophobia.
Size: 15 ml
Tear Stimulation Treatment FAQ
Q:How are these drops different from other eye drops?
A:Most other eye drops are lubricant artificial replacement tears. Our drops do not attempt to replace tears, but work therapeutically to stimulate your eyes to moisturize with their own mechanisms. This should be the first line of treatment, especially before prescription anti-inflammatory drugs such as Restasis, which suppress the immune system and can cause side effects.
Q:I can buy eye drops cheap in the stores, why should I go to my doctor to get Natural Ophthalmic eye drops?
A:Natural Ophthalmics' drops are professional quality drops and have at least nine advantages over drug store drops and other homeopathic drops. Other than the points above, a few examples include: preservative free; 15 ml bottle gives you more for your money; stronger, symptom specific formulas for men & women; powerful potencies; ok with contact lenses in; safe for children & pregnant, nursing women; no rebound redness effect
Dry eye symptoms are caused by a chronic lack of sufficient lubrication and moisture on the surface of the eye. This lack of lubrication can cause persistent dryness, scratching and burning in eyes or a “foreign body sensation” a feeling that something is in the eye.
Tear quality is essential for good eye health. Poor tear quality can cause a wide range of symptoms from eye pain to impaired vision and a compromised quality of life. Improving the omega-3-lipid component of the tear leads to better tear composition and better lubrication for the eye.
A study published in the American Journal of Clinical Nutrition analyzed data from an ongoing women’s health study. Women who ate a daily intake of omega-3s EPA and DHA in a natural triglyceride form reduced the risk of Dry Eye Syndrome by up to 66%.
Choosing to take an omega-3 will provide your body the necessary nutrients for optimal tear composition and overall eye health. Choosing the right omega-3 is just as important. Omega-3’s rich in EPA and DHA in their natural triglyceride form will enhance your therapeutic outcome. PRN Physician Recommended Nutriceuticals®provides the purest, most therapeutically potent omega-3 based nutriceuticals possible. All of PRN’s omega-3 based products, when taken as recommended, deliver a therapeutic amount of omega-3 EPA and DHA.
- Natural relief for dry eyes
- Supports proper tear function
A solution for those suffering with dry, scratchy, red, or irritated eyes, Dry Eye Omega Benefits® is custom formulated with a high concentration of the anti-inflammatory Omega-3, EPA (eicosapentaenoic acid) in its natural triglyceride form, combined with Vitamin D3 for additional comprehensive health benefits. This product offers an effective, safe, and natural way to address dry eye symptoms systemically rather than topically.*
- The first omega-3 product proven to address a root cause of posterior blepharitis/Meibomian Gland Dysfunction
- Natural Triglyceride Form for Maximum Absorption
- Highly Purified and Concentrated
- Molecularly distilled in a Pharmaceutically Licensed Facility
- Independent Laboratory Tested for Quality and Purity